What will I get out of coaching?
Coaching is a small investment that offers life-long value. A handful of the many things you will gain are:
- Awareness: greater recognition around the flow of your emotions, thoughts, energy and physical sensations
- Alignment: internal and external alignment around your needs and values
- Action: ability to manifest your goals to reality, with particular attention on removing boundaries and barriers
- "Power-with" Accountability: a "power-with" accountability structure helps you identify your actions and what you want to be held accountable for. You take full ownership while your coach serves as a witness to support your follow-through.
- Clarity: accessing your inner wisdom for topics you bring to the coaching table
- Space: to feel deeply heard and understood
- Self-connection: finding or strengthening your mind, body, and heart connection
- Self-managment skills: concrete exercises that last you the rest of your life, making you your own best resource
- Empowerment: courage around getting started and moving forward
- Support: non-judgmental and unwavering support from your coach, while being challenged to realize your best self
Why hire a coach?
Coaching is a powerful connection that yields practical results. People often hire a coach when they want to:
- Plan a career move
- Increase income
- Make their present work more fulfilling
- Refocus and plan their life based on what matters most to them
- Get more organized, or stop procrastinating
- Create more balance in their physical, mental and spiritual wellness
- Focus their energy to finish or plan a project
- Increase their skill and effectiveness as an executive, manager, or sales person
- Develop their team to increase productivity, effectiveness and teamwork
- Increase their skill and effectiveness in their family roles
- Build healthy, empowering relationships with others
- Make life more fulfilling
- Start a business
- Get motivated
Is coaching therapy?
Coaching is not therapy. While therapy often focuses on healing past traumas, coaching focuses on strategic planning and personal growth for the present and future. It's common for coaches to refer clients to other professionals for issues that are better suited to a therapeutic relationship.
What is a typical session like?
The hallmark of coaching is self-responsibility. You, as client, will set the agenda for the telephone or Skype call and we will follow that agenda. You can expect powerful and clarifying questions, focused and fine-tuned planning tools, and accountability. It is my job to have high expectations of you and to support you through-out.
How do I get the most out of my coaching partnership?
It's very important to hire the right coach, and the right coach is someone whose specialties best match your needs. In our complimentary strategy session, we will first determine whether our is partnership a fit. Then, during our first coaching conversation, we will work together to set a 90-day goal that's worth accomplishing. Make sure the goal is something that's worth the coaching fee, and something you would be happy to pay for.
Finally, it's important that you come prepared for each coaching session and tell me what results you want. I am here to help you make them happen!
How do I get started?
It's easy! Email me to request a quote or arrange a strategy session and we'll talk about whether coaching is right for you. If the chemistry is a fit and you decide you want to move on to the next step, we'll get out our calendars and schedule your first session. I'll send you your "Welcome to Coaching" package which will include some self-assessment and planning tools to get you started for our first call. That's just the beginning!